Alpha 10 - iteration #08: New Game Setup UI + CPS Progress

The History tab (which contains informations about the selected faction of allegiance, expedition and backstory) is done and the Colonization tab is in progress.
The Colonization tab, in the interface to setup a new game, contains every basic informations for the settings of the CPS, related to the selected backstory: with the viablity threshold score to reach, for the three faction's status, the granted line of credit (if any), and the backstory's special rules (if any)
Most of the code is a copy/paste from the previous version of the interface, excepted for some refactorings, the display of the special rules, and heavy modifications in functions calling due to the changes of the CPS code (see below).

In the same time I finally started to rewrite the code of the CPS, outside of the generation of its objectives since it is already done, in a clearer and less messy manner.
I decided to start again from the beginning, including only pertinent old code from the previous version and rewrite many parts of it.
The rationale is that since the CPS objectives have been undergoing major changes, it is better to do it again than trying to patch the code here in here. Of course if parts of the previous version of the code is mostly compatible, I reintegrate it.
Some functions are also  out of place and needs to be cleaned up, a few are already.

So for TL;DR the ongoing coding of the interface to setup a new game occurs in the same time as for the CPS, since the two are linked together.

That's all for this post. I will make a new one when the interface will be completed and I will include some screenshots of it.

CPS: Colonization Phase System 

Alpha 10 - iteration #08: Generation of the Objectives Done

As the title says, the code is finally complete...
I reviewed it so normally there shouldn't be any error but of course I will test it once all is in place.

So now the work left is on the interface to setup a new game (which I already started to code a part of it in 2017) and on the code to initialize all the data of a new game.

Better late than never they say :)

Thanks for your interest!

Good resolution for this new year concerning the Dev of FARC

I know, new year's resolutions aren't often followed. But I decided to code and/or working-implementing assets a bit each day of the week, even if I can only for 1 hour and of course commits when relevant.

Particularly since the next step of the development, the Iterations #09 and #10, that will finally complete this alpha 10 is pretty loaded in work to do.

So if I want to achieve even a basic game it is important that I take it a bit more seriously.

Anyway enough rant and back to work, and as usual thanks for your interest.

Happy New Year and Dev Status

First I wish you happy new year, to any of you, and hope for the best for 2018 in your goals and challenges.

As you can see, FARC hasn't been released on January first and I'm back on dev only since today, but the speculative release date doesn't change and stay for this month.

I finally completed the code for the resources, used by an objective. If you don't remember what it is about you can take a look at the post below dated November 20 (a long time ago I know).

I  also made progress in the generation of the objectives and I continue to implement the code.

I know, it is like 2 month that I talking about it, but certain events outside of this project have hijacked fairly well the development of the game. But it is past now and 2018 is already here.

The next post will be made when the generation of the objectives will be, finally, complete.

Thanks for your interest and excuse me for the lack of news.