I decided, after the completion of the alpha 10, to stop the dev of any additional feature until the basic part of FARC, concerning the setup of the first player's colony, is 100% completed as designed.
That means that I will..
- Complete all the game systems (which are currently full of holes...) as: the CSM, SPM, Production System, CPS and Planetary Survey.
- Complete the colonies and settlement data, because it lacks of many parts.
- Add more game assets (products and infrastructures).
- Add the seven other factions the player can pledge allegiance to.
- Complete, expand, refine and debug the user's interface (because it lacks of everything, as all the informations for the assembling/building of infrastructures).
- Overhaul and complete the encyclopedia.
- Add other star systems.
- Make a complete end game system (at least for the colonization phase)
But at this stage it is silly to add incomplete parts over a more than incomplete overall game system.
That also mean that I will make more frequent releases during this period.
Also as an act of goodwill, I will upload tonight (EST time) a development snapshot of the current alpha 10.
You will not see yet the research & development system, because for now it is mostly data-driven and under the hood, but you can always to lurk into the new saved game file and also look in the technosciencesdb.xml. But you will have acess to the last bug fixes, the overhauled popup menu that include the shortcuts to any orbital object of the currently selected planetary system, and the interface to loading a new game. Just be aware that the planetary survey and the production bugs, that freeze the game, aren't fixed yet, but I go to do it.
So that's it. I estimate that after 6 years since I began this iteration it is time that you, the little FARC community, are in right to have finally something playable and above all complete enough to call it a game and not a tech demo anymore!
A BIG thanks for your patience and interest over this long time, and stay tuned :)