As I said in a previous post I haven't be able to put all I would in this version but at least here's the changes:
- complete audit and ironing of the faction tab in the Unified Management Interface including the faction's levels and policies enforcement.
- complete overhaul of the task data structure is done. This structure is now even compliant for the planetary survey - resources that will be implemented in the alpha 5.
- complete overhaul of the task assignation routine, support AIs, docked/not docked spaceunits and future task types.
- complete rewrite including bug fixes, optimizations and refactoring of the space unit's mission system, including the colonization and interplanetary transit mission. The system is also fully future proof for additional missions and the implementation of the AIs in the future.
- all localized texts are now Spanish compliant, it rest some part that aren't but it's because they aren't even localized yet. The encyclopaedia has been updated for this language too.
- the bug which occurs during the resizing/maximizing/minimizing of the main window during a game is fixed.
- completion of the rules that influence the policies enforcement, memes progression and other specific capabilities, according to the player's faction status levels.
- headquarter type is now taken in account for policy enforcement and to change of political, economical, health and spiritual system.
The full package is available here: Google Code Download Page
If you have already an Alpha 1/2/3 installed you can download only the core package here: Google Code Download Page
So to recapitulate the oncoming dev, here's the near future dev schedule:
Alpha 5 [0.5.5]:
expected: before the end of February 2013
what it will include:
- the action popup menu will be replaced with a custom interface more stable, the current menu can freeze the interface if used in some ways.
- the Interplanetary Transit mission will be re-enabled.
- the mission cancelling will be finally completely implemented.
- the SPM memes management will be fixed (the bug that freeze FARC at March 1st). Don't worry, for now the memes management is simply disabled in the alpha 4.
- the transition for conversion/assembling/building will be fixed (some errors have been reported).
- the framework of the planetary survey system will implemented, including the resource survey.
- the turn-based subsystem will be implemented and will be switchable with the realtime subsystem.
That's all, stay tuned.